Our commitment to privacy
- We respect your privacy and your choices.
- We ensure that privacy and security issues are at the heart of everything we do.
- We will only send you marketing communications if you have asked us to do so. You can change your mind at any time.
- We will not share or sell your data.
- We are committed to securing and protecting your personal data. This means that we only work with trusted partners.
- We are committed to openness and transparency about how we use your data.
- We will not use your personal data in ways that we have not made known to you.
- We are respectful of your rights and will always strive to accommodate your requests to the extent possible within our own legal and operational responsibilities.
When you provide us with personal data or when we collect personal data from you, we will use it in accordance with this Policy. Please read this information carefully. If you have any questions or concerns about your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
Who are we?
Mereo is responsible for the personal data you provide to us. The terms “Mereo”, “we”, “us” or “our” used herein refer to Mereo in accordance with applicable data protection regulations.
22 rue d’Hauteville
75010 Paris, France
What is personal data?
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person as defined in applicable laws and regulations (including EU Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council adopted on 27 April 2016). Such personal data may also include unique numerical identifiers such as the IP address of your computer or the MAC address of your mobile device, as well as cookies.
What personal data do we collect from you and how do we use it?
We may collect your personal data in the following ways:
- After obtaining your consent in the following cases:
- When you have subscribed to our direct or indirect marketing lists (marketing and promotional communications may be sent to you via social networks, email, post or any other communication channel). When we collect your consent, we will inform you about how we intend to use your personal data.
- In order to fulfil our contractual obligations in the following cases:
- When you subscribe to our products and/or services and accept the terms and conditions relating to those products and/or services
- To provide a customer service related to our products and services
- If you apply for a position with a Mereo company
- In the context of our legitimate interests, in particular in the following cases
- To provide you with access to our products and services or to specific documents or information requested by you when you visit our website
- To investigate your enquiries so that we can best assist you or to enable us to investigate any complaints received from you
- To improve our industry and other trend analysis service and to administer our website
- To enable us to identify you for administrative purposes
- For compliance, legal or regulatory purposes:
- To verify your identity as part of the pre-employment screening process and anti-hidden work regulations
- To report to the appropriate authorities any activity that we suspect may be in breach of applicable laws or regulations.
The types of personal data we collect include:
- Your postal address, name, company and any information voluntarily submitted via our site, for example through “free text” fields
- Information from public databases, business partners, social networks and other third parties as appropriate;
- Technical information, including location information, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, your browser type and version, your time zone, browser extension types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Your online browsing behaviour on our website; including the navigation path of URLs (Uniform Resource Locators) to, through and from our website or social networks (including date and time), download errors, the duration of your visits to certain pages, information about your interaction on our website (such as scrolling, clicking and pointing), and methods used to leave the page;
- Any device you used to access our products and services (including brand, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers);
- In some cases, we may collect additional personal data to enable us to provide you with the most appropriate response. If you do not provide us with the personal data requested, your access to the service or our ability to assist you may be limited.
Your rights regarding your personal data
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation adopted on 27 April 2016 and any other applicable law or regulation, you have rights regarding your personal data.
If you wish to exercise the rights listed below, you can contact us
by e-mail at the following address : firstname.lastname@example.org.
or by post at the following address :
Mereo – Délégué à la protection des données à caractère personnel
22 rue d’Hauteville
75010 Paris, France
Right of access and/or rectification of personal data
You have a right of access to your personal data and a right to rectify any inaccuracies.
If you exercise your right of access, we will provide you with a copy of the personal data we hold about you. Before responding to your request, we will ask you for information to verify your identity.
If you exercise your right of rectification, we will make the necessary changes and/or updates. If we have shared your data with third parties, we will inform them of these corrections.
Right to erase or restrict the processing of personal data
You can ask us to delete your personal data or limit the processing of your personal data. If we have shared your personal data with third parties, we will inform them of this request for deletion or restriction.
Right to withdraw your consent
If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data for the purposes set out above, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
You have the right to refuse to receive marketing and promotional communications for which you have given your consent:
- By clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the email
- By contacting us at email@example.com
- You can inform us of your choices at the time you provide us with your personal data.
If you withdraw your consent to receive marketing and promotional communications from us, we will no longer contact you for direct marketing purposes. However, if we consider it necessary to retain your personal data for legitimate and lawful reasons, your personal data may not be deleted from our database(s).
Right of recourse
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority. The French authority is the CNIL (Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés) to which you can file a complaint online at the following address: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/plaintes
Personal data of minors
Our Platforms do not target minors under the age of 16. We will therefore not knowingly collect or process personal data about them.
Goods and services provided by a third party
We will not send you information about goods and services from third parties other than Mereo unless you specifically request it.
Third Party Websites
What cookies do we use, why do we use them and how do they affect you?
A cookie is a small text file, usually consisting of letters and numbers (with an identifying tag), that may be placed on your computer or mobile phone when you access our website. Generally speaking, cookies allow a website to recognise your hardware and navigation if you return to it, or if you visit another website that recognises the same cookies.
Persistent cookies allow our website to recognise you when you return to our sites. They provide us with useful analytical data that helps us to optimise our site and your visits.
On many pages of our website you will find “social buttons”.
Social networking sites may collect information about your Internet activity. They may record your visits to our website, even if you do not click on the share button. In this case, we may act as a co-processor with the social networking site for the data transmitted to them from our website. However, that site will be considered a separate controller for any further use of your personal data. With respect to jointly processed data, you may exercise your rights with Mereo by contacting us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or with the relevant social network.
For further use of personal data, we invite you to consult the privacy and cookie policies of each of these sites in order to know the terms and conditions regarding data protection and cookie management.
This Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with applicable French and European law.
Updates to the Policy
This Policy may be updated on a regular basis to ensure compliance with applicable legislation.
We retain all proprietary rights to the information we collect. We also reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove provisions of our Policy.
You should check this page regularly for any changes or updates.
This version was updated on 2 March 2021.